Vintage: The Forth Bridge Construction (1890s)

Vintage: The Forth Bridge Construction (1890s)

MonoVisions Black & White Photo Contest

Construction of the bridge began in 1882 and it was opened on 4 March 1890 by the Duke of Rothesay, the future Edward VII. The bridge spans the Forth between the villages of South Queensferry and North Queensferry and has a total length of 8,094 feet (2,467 m). When it opened it had the longest single cantilever bridge span in the world, until 1919 when the Quebec Bridge in Canada was completed. It continues to be the world’s second-longest single cantilever span, with a span of 1,709 feet (521 m).

The Forth Bridge Construction (1890s)

The Forth Bridge Construction (1890s)

The Forth Bridge Construction (1890s)

The Forth Bridge Construction (1890s)

The Forth Bridge Construction (1890s)

The Forth Bridge Construction (1890s)

The Forth Bridge Construction (1890s)

The Forth Bridge Construction (1890s)

The Forth Bridge Construction (1890s)

The Forth Bridge Construction (1890s)

The Forth Bridge Construction (1890s)

The Forth Bridge Construction (1890s)

The Forth Bridge Construction (1890s)

The Forth Bridge Construction (1890s)

The Forth Bridge Construction (1890s)

The Forth Bridge Construction (1890s)

The Forth Bridge Construction (1890s)

The Forth Bridge Construction (1890s)

The Forth Bridge Construction (1890s)

The Forth Bridge Construction (1890s)

The Forth Bridge Construction (1890s)

The Forth Bridge Construction (1890s)

The Forth Bridge Construction (1890s)

The Forth Bridge Construction (1890s)

The Forth Bridge Construction (1890s)

The Forth Bridge Construction (1890s)

The Forth Bridge Construction (1890s)

The Forth Bridge Construction (1890s)


Comments

comments

MonoVisions Black & White Photo Contest