The Puppet and Actor Theater “Kubuś” in Kielce was founded in 1955. The theater was without a permanent venue for a long time and operated as a traveling theater. In 1965, it became a state institution, but it still didn’t have its own stage. In 1992, a neglected building at 9 Duża Street was adapted for the needs of the theater. Previously, it had been used as a hotel, then a cinema, and later as a carp warehouse. Currently, the building is in very poor condition, and the theater is waiting for a move to a new headquarters, which will take place in 2024. The photos presented were taken in July 2023 during the traditional break between seasons.