In 1896, Adolph Sutro rebuilt the Cliff House from the ground up as a seven-story Victorian chateau, called by some “the Gingerbread Palace”, below his estate on the bluffs of Sutro Heights. This was the same year work began on the Sutro Baths in a small cove immediately north of the restaurant. The baths included six of the large indoor…
Home › Post Tagged with: "Cliff House"
- Collection of historic photos of City Life of Dandong (1920s). Dandong, previously known as Andong and Antung, is a prefecture-level…