Anna Lazareva is an artist working in Fine Art and Fashion photography. Her projects are focused on finding new innovative style both shooting and post processing. Aside from her photography she is a creator of photo magazine Fotoslovo. She lives and works between Moscow and Paris.
– How and when did you become interested in photography?
I would say that I was interested in photography since being a teenager. Was experimenting with different types of photography. Last 5 years I started to go deeper into art photography.
– Is there any artist/photographer who inspired your art?
I try take inspiration from all around. Specially can mention as an inspiration resource Andrei Tarkovsy movies, Edward Hooper paintings and photography of Sarah Moon.
– Why do you work in black and white rather than colour?
I saw my body of work in monochrome as it represents eternity and the imperishability in my series.
– How much preparation do you put into taking a photograph/series of photographs?
As a perfectionist I always try to prepare best for my photo shootings. Through them I was experimenting with different lighting schemes, with different lenses and post-processing techniques. I tried many different lighting schemes to keep all the details of the human body while playing on the edge of maximum contrast possible.
– Where is your photography going? What projects would you like to accomplish?
I like to challenge myself taking images from my mind to the world. My next photo projects are connected with body, transformations, tattoos and psychology aspects of thereof.